Christmas is just round the corner. You must be getting ready with all the decorations, shopping and many other things required for making your celebrations grand. One thing you can never miss out during the celebrations is the food. Different kinds of Christmas recipes may be getting circulated among your family and friends. If you are interested in cooking, you too can try to make delicious dishes at home. Not only the grownups but also the little children can be engaged in making their own favorite recipes. If your little one is interested in cooking, here is a special recipe for her to try on her own. This Christmas, let her try to cook a special recipe and please you all. Remember to be on her side when she is preparing the recipe. It will make her happy and you can spend some time together with your child as well by teaching her to do something useful. Rudolph’s favorite candy recipe is very easy to try.
Complexity level: Moderate
Time required: 12 hours
1. White frosting mix 1 package
2. Light corn syrup 1/3 cup
3. Almond extract 1 teaspoon
4. Boiling water 1 cup
5. Confectioner’s sugar 1 package
6. Chopped and candied cherries 1 cup
7. Red food coloring
1. Mix the ingredients
Take a large mixing bowl and put the frothing mix into it. Now add the almond extract and the corn syrup also to the large bowl. Then pour the boiling water also into the frothing mix.
2. Use the electric mixer
Pour the contents into an electric mixer and blend them well at a medium speed for about five minutes. You can see that soft peaks begin to form when you take out the beaters. At this point, reduce the speed for adding other ingredients.
3. Add the sugar and color
The electric mixer should run on a slow speed and in the meantime, add in the sugar. Also add the candied cherries to the mix. Use a wooden spoon to fold in the cherries. Now add the red food coloring to the mix. Use a spoon to blend everything well.
4. Place the mix on cookie sheets
Prepare the cookie sheet by placing a wax paper on it. When the mix is ready, place drops of the mix on the wax paper that is placed on the cookie sheet. Use a spoon to drop the mix on to the sheet in the shape of small candies.
5. Let the candies become firm
After placing the entire mix as droppings on the sheet, leave them for about an hour for the outer side of the candies to become firm. When the outside part becomes dry, turn them over so that the candies dry properly. Check this from time to time to ensure that the candies dry properly. It may take at least 12 hours for them to dry completely.
Frequently asked questions:
Who can prepare this recipe?
Anyone can prepare this recipe. However, this recipe is useful for little children. The ingredients and containers used for making this recipe can be easily handled by them. Children in the preschool, elementary and kindergarten can prepare this recipe at home. Nevertheless, it is better for the parents or other elders to be with them and monitor their activities. This helps to increase the safety and boost their confidence.
Can this recipe be prepared using other flavors?
It is up to the person who is cooking the candies to decide what flavor she likes to savor. Apart from canned chopped cherries, you can also add other sweet nuts and fruits while making the candies. It is the best to try the seasonal varieties for getting the best results.
1. Use the folding technique to blend in the chopped cherries to the mix.
2. Candies dry faster when there is little humidity in the atmosphere.
Things to watch out for:
1. Most important thing is safety because the recipe is going to be made by little children.
2. Parents or elders have to be with them when they are preparing the dish.
3. Be very careful while using the electric blender. It is better for the parents to help them use the device. It can avoid all unwanted accidents.
4. Before storing the candies, they have to dry completely if you want the best results.
5. When they are dry properly, place the candies in air tight containers for lasting long and remaining dry.
6. Use of food color is optional. Choose good quality food color so that you can enjoy the candies safely.