If you think that a mere pink or blue paint and stuffing it with some cute looking furniture is the trick to do your kid’s room…then I think you have the reasons to revise your interior designing skills. Kids’ room are no more as kiddish and simple as they were once…there are a lot of changes that have come in parents’ choices as far as the interior and the furniture is concerned…here are a few of the changes:
1. Sophistication instead of wackiness is the current mantra that’s ruling parents mind for decorating their kids’ room. So, Winnie the Pooh and Mickey Mouse are no more the favorites.
2. Baby furniture has become more adult like and parents are spending a lot on it. Emphasis is on something that can be used over the years, something that not has to be thrown as the child overgrows it. As a result, cribs are getting converted into full sizes beds and furniture is being given adult- like finishes.
3. Colors of walls have also gone a makeover…pinks, blues and other pastel shades of walls has been taken over by more of browns and gender-specific colors.
4. Popular furniture colors are darker finishes such as espresso, mahogany and cherry done on contemporary styled furniture.
5. For further decoration add-ons, parents prefer to use the artwork and paintings of the older sibling…with a view to inculcate a feeling of bonding between the two.
All in all the options have grown wider and it’s not that you just have to stick to a kid’s frame of mind, but you can move out and experiment with everything hat’s practical and available.