I fully concur with the piece of writing which states that most of the accidents occur while the children are waiting for their school bus or entering and leaving the bus.
Ms. Kohnle has given some useful tips, on helping your child towards safety. They are:
1. Direct your child to wait for the bus away from the traffic most preferably your drive way or footpath.
2. Until the driver has motioned to enter the bus, do not allow your kid to move in.
3. Persuade them to use handrails and instruct them to look out for traffic before getting out of the bus.
4. Encourage them to walk keeping distance along the moving vehicles.
5. Make sure that your child knows that he should never walk at the rear of the bus.
By keeping these things in mind, you will definitely be instrumental in saving your child from fatal accidents.