Sleepover parties are just fun for kids. Also known as slumber parties, these parties are an opportunity for them to spend some quality and private time with their close friends. This party requires to be planned creatively and includes lot of imagination. Party should be full with snacks, ample space and enjoyable games and most importantly exceptional themes. Here we bounce some ideas to help you arrange slumber parties for your loved ones. There are some things that we consider differently for girls and boys as they have different interests.
Sleepover party ideas for girls
1. When creating invitations you can use lots of creative ideas. You can make small pillows from foam with two ties at the top and put invitation into that or you can shape invitations into night gowns, quilts, teddy bears to create the feel of sleepover party.
2. The decorations to the slumber party for girls will require a large space as they all want to sleep together. Keep ample of floor pillows, blankets and couch cushions to build the ambiance of the party.
3. You can decorate the place with twinkly stars and moon to make a starry hangout. With these you can hang balloons of different shape to add fun.
4. Decide some games for the little girls; e. g. set the timer and ask girls to find out the hidden objects in the glow-in dark items light. Whoever finds most is the winner. You can arrange a sleeping bags race like sack race.
5. Keep a particular theme for slumber party so your guests can dress according to the theme.
6. Pick out some movies out of the store as per the guests choice.
7. Food rules every party so make sure to have ample of snacks around when you talk or watching movie or playing games, but be sure to keep it away from your pillow fight! Veggies and dip, juices, chips, popcorn, water and soda, chocolate and cheese are the good options. Pizzas are all time favorite. But, try to avoid excess of the sweet.
8. Make breakfast in the morning as your party girls will wake up hungry after the party’s long night. French toast, sandwiches along with juice of fresh fruits are the healthy option for the breakfast.
Sleepover party ideas for boys
1. When throwing a slumber party for boys, make sure to send the invitations before at least two weeks before so they make their plans accordingly and will be all free for the slumber party night. It is seen that boys are less interested in creativity so you can send a simple informal invite on the blue color invitation mentioning the venue and the time for the party.
2. For the decorations of the party balloons and streamers are the fine choices. For the all-guy sleepover party pick the balloons with, yellow, red and blue in color. Hang the streamers at the doors and all along the walls of the party place.
3. As slumber parties are up all the night, you can add glow-in the-dark stars on the ceiling of the hall. It will give the fine effect to the party.
4. Make sure to keep plenty pillows around for the pillow fight. Have one chair or bean bag for each guest, to comfy them to hang out.
5. Arrange some movie DVDs well in advance. Pick out the ones that your buddies would love to watch. Boys snuggle the pillows or grab the when they feel sleepy.
6. There has to be games in the boys sleepover parties. You can include both outdoor and indoor games for the party. Make sure to put extra lights in your backyard on the party night. Miniature bowling as outdoor game and indoor basketball for indoor game are good options.
7. Snacks like hotdogs, pizzas, candy, popcorn, chips and dips, sodas and juices are must be around in the party.
8. Never send your guest back with empty stomach, so serve with some good food like pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, bagels and waffle bar are some options.
Start arranging the slumber party with above given ideas and you will see how well it goes. Have fun!